Last updated September 12, 2016
The Morningside College Chemistry Club is a club open to all people who have an interest in chemistry. Our primary goal is to celebrate and spread the appreciation of chemistry--in doing this, we engage in a number of social, professional, service, and educational activities. Some of the activities we have been involved with include:
1) Annual celebration of Mole Day for the past three years, in which we conduct chemical demonstrations on campus, free for the public to observe.
2) Performance of chemical demonstrations at local schools (Morningside Elementary and Unity Elementary) as part of Outreach services.
3) Assisting the Siouxland Humane Society prepare for their annual Valentine's Day apple fundraiser.
4) Conference travel over the past 3 years to the National American Chemical Society Meeting, the Midwest American Chemical Society meeting, and the Iowa Academy of Science meeting. Several of our members have presented research at these conferences, while other have attended as observers.
5) Several social activities, including themed movie nights, Halloween outings, cookouts, and dinners.
Our officers for 2016-2017 are:
President: Tyler Halligan
Vice-President: Matthew Nieland
Treasurer: Brook Boyd
Secretary: Ellie Freebern
Historian: Nicci McGuire
Faculty advisor: Brian McFarland