Home » Campus Offices » Academic Advising - Krone Advising Center » International Students » Know Your Immigration Documents » Visa Stamp
Last updated August 27, 2018
- Also known as the “entry visa” or “visa”, this is the stamp applied on your passport at the United States embassy or consulate in your country of origin.
- The visa stamp may have a different expiration date than your passport expiration date.
- The expiration of the visa stamp DOES NOT affect your immigration status while inside the United States.
- The expiration of the visa stamp will affect your re-entry to the United States. If your visa stamp expired, you must apply for a new entry visa at the United States embassy or consulate in your country of origin.
- If your passport expires prior to your visa stamp, carry both passports with you when you travel.