MySide Search
MySide Site Logo


Last updated December 14, 2020

A transfer is requested when a student is admitted to another United States school and wants their immigration record to be transferred to that institution. Please see below for additional information about transferring your immigration record.


Transfer Request Form


Do I need to meet with an International Student Adviser?

Yes, you must meet with a DSO to discuss the process for transferring.

How do I submit the transfer request?

Schedule a time to meet with a DSO. Bring your completed Transfer Request Form

What must I submit with the Transfer Request Form?

Students must submit an admission letter from the U.S. institution where they wish to be transferred.


The New I-20

When will I get the new I-20 from my new school?

The new school must wait until the SEVIS record is released from Morningside College. Once the record is released, the new school is able to issue a new I-20. 

What if I want to go home before starting classes at the new school?

Students who have transferred their records must use the I-20 from the new school to return to the U.S. Students may not be able to re-enter more than 30 days before the reporting date on the new I-20.