Last updated November 17, 2014
Congratulations! As part of your Financial Aid package, you have earned an Annual and/or Endowed Scholarship. You earned this honor because you meet the criteria set forth by the donor(s) when the scholarship was established.
Alumni, friends, faculty and staff contribute time, talents and money to ensure students have the opportunity for an outstanding experience at Morningside College, and it is vitally important that we recognize their generosity. Saying thank you reinforces to donors their investment is meaningful, appreciated, and being used as promised. As a recipient of a named scholarship, you will be contacted by the Office of Institutional Advancement and asked to write and submit a thank you letter to the donor(s) who make scholarship(s) possible.
In this section, you will find general guidelines, a basic outline, and specific examples for composing a thank you to the donor(s) who contribute to the scholarship(s) you received.
Here are some general guidelines for you to follow when composing your letter.
- Submit a typed, professional, one-page response.
- Date your letter and include your name and home address
- Donor contact information will be added by the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Inform the donor you are the 2014-2015 recipient of the specific scholarship name.
- Tell them about yourself
- organization/extracurricular involvement
- goals the scholarship will help you achieve
- anything else you think would interest the donor.