Branded Templates and Fonts
Last updated March 31, 2020
Below are several items you may find useful as you conduct business on behalf of Morningside College.
Morningside has official fonts that represent the Morningside brand. Please refer to the Morningside Brand Identity Manual for complete information, but all employees should have the following fonts downloaded to their computer and should use them on all communication, email, etc.
Cambria (serif font, typically found as part of your installed Microsoft package)
Source Sans (sans serif font)
You may download Source Sans Pro fonts for free directly from Google Fonts and place them in your computer's font folder, or use one of the installers below.
Available for free via Google Fonts without installer:
- Download the font package from Google Fonts at: https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Source+Sans+Pro
- Extract the font folder from the zip file and place the fonts in your library fonts folder on your computer.
- macOS: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201749
- Windows 7: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/314960/how-to-install-or-remove-a-font-in-windows
- Windows 10: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/install-open-type-fonts-into-windows-10/efa23548-1675-42a7-a916-396e074dd42d
Windows 10 installer:
- Download the installer here: install_source_sans.msi
- Allow the Windows Security message to run the program.
- You should now have the Source Sans font available on your Windows 10 computer.
- Download the installer here: install_source_sans_mac.pkg
- Allow your computer to run the installer to run by entering your computer's password.
- You should now have the Source Sans font available on your Mac.
If you are absolutely NOT able to download these fonts, Helvetica Neue or Helvetica may be used.
Electronic letterhead is a great way to reduce paper and provide a polished look. Simply download this template and use it to email letters and other documents to those with whom you are conducting business.
For your convenience, both a standard and widescreen PowerPoint template are available. The widescreen version is preferred for use at Morningside and will provide the best look. Both templates should default to Helvetica as a font selection to ensure maximum compatibility.