Social Media Guidelines
Last updated January 02, 2019
Social media is a powerful tool for sharing the Morningside College story with people across Iowa, our country, and the world. It can allow us to connect with new and current students, reconnect with alumni, and so much more. It also has pitfalls, though, which is why Morningside is investing time and effort to ensure our use of social media remains productive, creates open conversations, is consistent with our brand, and offers as safe and healthy of an environment as possible.
As such, these guidelines are designed to assist you with your social media efforts and to help you better understand the college’s work on social media. They provide important ground rules for anyone associated with Morningside College who is creating and using social media on the college’s behalf.
Thinking of opening a new social media account?
Programs, departments, and organizations across the Morningside community are encouraged and empowered to use social media; however, you are responsible for staying within the guidelines and are strongly encouraged to have a conversation with marketing before embarking on your social media journey. Contact Erin Edlund, Vice President of Marketing, for a meeting.
Morningside’s Primary Social Media Accounts
Participate in Morningside’s Social Media Conversations
Faculty, staff, students, and alumni are encouraged to share the Morningside story via social media. Here are a few ways you can do that:
- Share, like, and/or comment on posts from the main accounts
- Tweet photos or information from events or activities you attend
- Use or follow the colleges primary hashtags (hashtags allow us to easily find your posts and help build our brand):
- Main hashtags: #MsideProud and #ExperienceMatters
- Admissions hashtags: #InAtMside #WelcomeToMside #VisitMside
- Special Event Hashtags: #MsideIntoTheStreets, #MsideGrads (undergrad and grad commencement), #MsideHoco (Morningside Homecoming), #MsideMayTerm, #MsideAbroad, #ChristmasAtMside
Have ideas? Need social media guidance? Contact Erin Edlund, Vice President for Marketing.