Housing Check Out
Last updated March 25, 2020
Spring 2020 Check Out Deadline 12 PM (noon), April 8, 2020
Residence Hall Check Out Information
Due to Morningside College shifting coursework to an online format for the remainder of the semester, the residence halls will close effective April 8th, at 12pm (noon). Please begin the checkout process by completing this form to let Residence Life know when you intend to return to campus to check out of your room. Please complete the form as far in advance of your check out as possible so residence life can provide staffing.
We know there are some students for whom leaving campus won't be possible. We will work with these individuals to accommodate those specific, special circumstances. If you are a student who may fall into this category, please contact the office of residence life at 712-274-5339 to discuss housing options.
Please help keep everyone safe by following these guidelines for check out:
- Do NOT come to campus if you are sick or have been advised to self-isolate due to possible COVID-19 exposure (contact residence life at 712-274-5339, if you are unable to return to campus)
- Students should limit the number of guests helping with their move to no more than two people. Guests assisting with moves must be asymptomatic and not have been advised to self-isolate due to exposure
- Maintain social distancing as much as possible
- Everyone should wash their hands often
- Take trash to the dumpster
At check-out you must do the following:
- Have removed all personal belongings from the room (including personal lofts)
- Correctly reassemble loft/bunk beds provided by the college
- Clean the room, vacuum/sweep, dust
- Return furniture to its original setup
- Take out all trash from the room to the dumpster
- Shut and lock all windows
- Call 712-274-5161 to let staff know you are ready to check out. Please note that this may take time depending on the number of students checking out at any given time.
Any student who does not check-out of the residence halls or contact residence life to make arrangements will be subject to an improper check-out fine of $50.00.
Students will not be allowed to store any items in their residence hall room or apartment over the summer months. All items, including personal lofts, must be removed from the residence halls or apartments for the summer.
For check outs call (712) 274-5161