May/Summer Housing 2021
Last updated February 23, 2021
2021 May Term/Summer Morningside Student Housing Sign-Up
Morningside University offers May Term and Summer housing for current and future Morningside University Students. May Term students must sign up for May term housing. During May term students will stay in their current rooms. Summer Housing (June-July) will likely be in Roadman South and one of the Apartment buildings (TBA). Applicants are assigned housing on a first come, first serve basis, with consideration given to students currently living in the areas used. Not all floors/apartments may be open for summer housing, depending on summer projects.
- April 9, 2021: priority deadline for May Term/Summer Housing Applications
- April 30, 2021: students notified of May/Summer Hall assignments
- May 12, 2021, 12 pm (noon): Residence Halls CLOSE to students not signed up for May Term housing, graduating, or helping with graduation
- May 16, 2021, 12 pm (noon): Residence Halls CLOSE to students not signed up for May Term or Summer Housing
- June 4, 2021: last day of May Term Housing (students check out or move to Summer Housing on this date)
- July 30, 2021: last day of Summer Housing (most students move to fall housing on this date, students who are not living on campus for Fall 2021 move out)
May Term Housing Morningside Student Weekly Rates**
- Non-air conditioned double (Roadman North, Plex): $65/person
- Air conditioned double (Dimmitt, Roadman South, Poppen, Waitt): $75/person
- Lags Hall, Dimmitt, Apartments, Roadman Apartments, Garretson Houses: $90/person
- **Students who currently live on campus and are taking their first May term class will not be charged for housing during their May term session, but they MUST sign up for May Term Housing
Summer Housing Morningside Student Weekly Rates:
- Air conditioned double: $75/person
- Air conditioned single: $90/person
May/Summer Morningside Student Work Housing Discount
- If you work an average of at least 20 hours per week at an on campus job, you are eligible for a $30/week discount on your housing fee. Please print the discount form, fill it out, and have your supervisor sign it.
- Residence Life is not responsible for finding students on campus summer employment. Students must seek their own on campus jobs.
- The discount form must be turned in before summer employment begins. Discounts will NOT be issued retroactively.
Morningside Student Billing
- Summer housing is billed to the student’s account on a weekly basis. A student will be billed for May/Summer housing until the student checks out or summer housing ends. Students must officially check out with Residence Life Staff (RA, AM, HR) when leaving.
- Students taking their first May Term class will have free housing while taking that May Term class, if they lived on campus for the Spring 2021 semester and signed up for May Term Housing.