May/Summer Housing 2020
Last updated April 28, 2020
2020 Summer Morningside Student Housing Sign-Up
For Summer 2020 all resident students will be assigned to Lags Hall for May, June and July. Students will be moving to Lags Hall May 6th-8th. Applicants are assigned housing on a first come, first serve basis, with consideration given to students currently living in Lags Hall.
Please note the COVID-19 POLICY AMENDMENT: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, summer housing policies, procedures, and availability have been altered.
- Guests are not allowed in the residence halls. The only exception is for those who are on campus temporarily (a few hours) to assist students moving.
- Resident students who have symptoms of COVID-19, have been exposed to someone who has symptoms or tests positive, or have been recommended by a health care professional to quarantine should
- Call Campus Safety and Security to report their status to the College and receive further recommendation from the College.
- Self-isolate in their room: Not go to work, visit any campus office, or visit any other person.
- Call their healthcare provider for the next steps.
**The College is continually adjusting policies and procedures as new recommendations are issued by the governor, CDC and other health authorities. The College will notify students as soon as possible if this will impact summer housing.
- May 6-8, 2020: All resident students will be moving to Lags Hall. Times will be individually scheduled.
- July 31, 2020: last day of Summer Housing (most students move to fall housing on this date, students who are not living on campus for Fall 2020 will move out)
Summer Housing Morningside Student Weekly Rates:
- Air conditioned single: $90/person (Lags room)
Summer Morningside Student Work Housing Rebate
- If you work an average of at least 20 hours per week at an on campus job, you are eligible for a $30/week rebate on your rent. Please print the rebate form, fill it out, and have your supervisor sign it.
- Residence Life is not responsible for finding students summer employment. Students must seek their own jobs.
- Rebate form must be turned in before summer employment begins. Rebates will NOT be issued retroactively.
Morningside Student Billing
- Summer housing is billed to the student’s account on a weekly basis. A student will be billed for May/Summer housing until the student checks out or summer housing ends. Students must officially check out with Residence Life Staff (RA, AM, HR) when leaving.