Waitt and Poppen Apartments
Last updated August 12, 2014
The smaller of the two Apartment Halls, houses 30 students in 4 apartments.
Waitt Hall is named after Joan L. and Norman W. Waitt Sr., Morningside Community members
Houses 42 students in 6 apartments.
Poppen Hall is named after Donald E. Poppen, a 1957 graduate, who worked for over 30 years at Morningside College as a Professor, Counselor, Dean of Students, VP of Student Affairs, and Sr. VP or Institutional Advancement.
Waitt Hall and Poppen Hall, opened in 2003, as Morningside College’s first apartment-style residence halls for upper-class students. Waitt Hall and Poppen Hall are staffed by student apartment managers who provide programs and activities for the residents who live there. Both Apartment have the same amenities and features.
The apartment layouts differ slightly due to the structure of the buildings.
- Each apartment houses 6-8 students in 3-4 bedrooms and features a kitchenette, a living room, and 2 bathrooms.
- Each building has its own laundry facility and study/printing room.
- Each bedroom features new loftable beds, as well as dressers and desks.
- Each living room is furnished with a couch, two chairs, and a coffee table,
- Each kitchenette has ample counter and cupboard space, a microwave, full-size fridge, microwave, and a kitchen table with chairs.
All of Morningside's apartment complexes provide free computer printing centers and low-cost laundry facilities.