Last updated February 08, 2017
Logging Hours Forms:
If your group or organization has completed a service event only one person from your group (president or event leader) needs to fill out the group/organization form.
You may request a report of service hours that you or your group has completed by e-mailing me your request.
Why Should I Log my Service Hours?
- Totals are reported in grant applications, evaluations, and to Morningside administration.
- Get recognized for your service to the community, whether it be through your class, department, school, residence hall, Greek organization, and/or student organization.
- Discover new opportunities for becoming involved in service.
- Maintain accurate records of your volunteer hours. You'll be more competitive for fellowships, scholarships, jobs and graduate school applications.
Logging Hours Helpful Tips:
- If you are not in an organization you can use the individual record of community service hours form.
- You cannot count the same hours served for multiple groups/organizations. Only count the hours for which the service is affiliated with.
- You may count meetings to plan the activity as part of the service, but not ordinary organizational meetings.
- Do not count driving time in your total hours (unless you are performing Meals on Wheels service)
Back to Volunteer Main Page: Click Here