Last updated May 23, 2016
Why Do Service Learning?
ACTIVE LEARNING -- The best way to learn is through active participation.
PERSONAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT -- One of the best ways to help yourself is to help someone else. Through service, you will gain skills that will help you for the rest of your life.
MEETING COMMUNITY NEEDS -- Each one of us must do our part to help make our community better.
CIVIC RESPONSIBILITY -- Our country was founded on an ethic of service. The health of our democracy depends on service and community involvement. Working toward the common good is something we must all practice.
List of Service Learning Agencies
Log Your Hours: Click Here
- Camp High Hopes: Click Here
- Countryside Senior Living: Click Here
- Friends of the Animal Shelter (F.O.T.A.S): Click Here
- Iowa Legal Aid: Click Here
- Opportunities Unlimited: Click Here
- Sioux City Community Schools: Click Here
- Unity Point Health - St. Luke's: Click Here
- Woodbury County Conservation Board: Click Here
Back to Volunteer Main Page: Click Here