Physical Plant: FAQs
What are the Physical Plant Hours?:
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday-Friday 5 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
How do I contact Physical Plant?
- Maintenance Staff: (712) 274-5116
- Custodial Staff: (712) 274-5574
- Security Staff: (712) 274-5234
- Off hours and weekends: (712) 274-5234
What would be considered a building maintenance emergency?
An emergency can be a heating/cooling problem, no electricity, smoke detector alarm, plumbing (water) leak, an over-flowing toilet that needs shut down, or anything that needs immediate attention so it is not a further danger or personnel or property.
Where is Physical Plant located?
Physical Plant is located in the Facilities Building, 3600 Garrretson Ave, Sioux City, IA 51106
How can I make a service request?
- In case of emergency during regular business hours, always call the Maintenance Help Desk first.
- During off hours call Security at 712.274.5234 and they will contact the appropriate personnel.
Who do I contact when my phone, internet service or cable are not working?
- Phone: call Switchboard Operator 712.274.5182
- Computer/Internet: call Technology Services Help Desk 712.274.5544
- Cable: call CableOne 712.233.2000
When does the college turn the heat/air on?
There is not a pre-determined date. Some buildings require heat before others depending on size. The buildings are monitored daily to see if they are at a temperature in the range between 68-72 degrees. A lot of the buildings/residence halls have controls in the rooms that let the occupants adjust the temp up or down. Individual room temps are also affected if the radiator/heating unit is blocked by furniture/clothes.
What should I do if my room is too cold?
First, you can check the following causes:
- Make sure nothing is obstructing your heating vent/radiator
- Check your thermostat to make sure you haven't set anything by it that emits heat (computer, space heater, lamp, an appliance)
- Check your windows to make sure they are all closed tightly.
- Check with your RA or nearby rooms to see if they have heat.
Then, call Maintenance 712.274.5116 or Security 712.274.5234