May/Summer Housing 2019
2019 May Term/Summer Morningside Student Housing Sign-Up
May Term students must sign up for May term housing. During May term students will stay in their current rooms. Summer Housing (June-July) will be in Dimmitt Hall (Women: floor TBA) (Men: floor TBA). Summer Housing Residents will be consolidated to only a couple floors. Applicants are assigned housing on a first come, first serve basis, with consideration given to students currently living in or signed up for fall housing on Ground or 1st Floor Dimmitt.
- April 15, 2019: priority deadline for May Term/Summer Housing Applications
- April 30, 2019: students notified of May/Summer Hall assignments
- May 8, 2019, noon: Residence Halls CLOSE to students not signed up for May Term housing, graduating, or helping with graduation
- May 13, 2018, noon: Residence Halls CLOSE to students not signed up for May Term or Summer Housing
- May 31, 2019: last day of May Term Housing (most students check out or move to Summer Housing on this date)
- July 26, 2019: last day of Summer Housing (most students move to fall housing on this date, students who are not living on campus for Fall 2019 move out)
May Term Housing Morningside Student Weekly Rates**
- Non-air conditioned double (Roadman North, Plex): $65/person
- Air conditioned double (Dimmitt, Roadman South, Poppen, Waitt): $75/person
- Lags Hall, Dimmitt, Apartments, Roadman Apartments, Garretson Houses: $90/person
- **Students who currently live on campus and are taking their first May term class will not be charged for housing during their May term session
Summer Housing Morningside Student Weekly Rates:
- Air conditioned double: $75/person
- Air conditioned single: $90/person
May/Summer Morningside Student Work Housing Rebate
- If you work an average of at least 20 hours per week at an on campus job, you are eligible for a $30/week rebate on your rent. Please print the rebate form, fill it out, and have your supervisor sign it.
- Residence Life is not responsible for finding students summer employment. Students must seek their own jobs.
- Rebate form must be turned in before summer employment begins. Rebates will NOT be issued retroactively.
Morningside Student Billing
- Summer housing is billed to the student’s account on a weekly basis. A student will be billed for May/Summer housing until the student checks out or summer housing ends. Students must officially check out with Residence Life Staff (RA, AM, HR) when leaving.
- Students taking their first May Term class will have free housing while taking that May Term class, if they lived on campus for the Spring 2019 semester.